Loyalty

I'm crying my eyes out,
Praying in my heart that I won't touch a drink,
To take away the thoughts, I don't want to overthink,
I couldn't lift my voice to pray but I hoped he'd hear me,

I'm getting baptised tomorrow I can't give up,
If I touch a drink now how could I give my life up?
Knowing I drank today and allowed myself to get drunk,
I couldn't do that to him, I couldn't do that to us,

I tried telling myself it's just one drink, it won't do any harm,
I just want to feel nice and for the pain to be gone,
But who am I kidding I need to stop telling myself lies,
Instead of turning myself towards drink I need to turn myself to Christ,

And whilst I was crying I began to heat up,
I felt comforted and managed to feel the Lord's love,
For the Lord had wrapped me in his arms,
Letting me know it'll be okay and he'll help me remain calm,

Although I was upset I felt at ease,
That's something only the Lord could bring,
Suddenly I no longer had the urge to drink,
He was my strength when I was feeling weak.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

13 reasons why

Saved

He Has Risen!