Healing

I thought I was healed but I wasn't fully,
Because spiritually I was okay but I wasn't mentally and physically,
I was comforted whenever I'd cry alone,
It's like one moment I'm crying for help and the next I know I'm not on my own,

Like if I died today I'd be happy because I'd be in a safer place,
But I've started this marathon I need to complete this race,
I was hurt but I was okay,
God helped me, he eased the pain,

He was always there to save the day,
Whenever I felt like I wanted to give up and throw everything away,
I would pray to God and ask for happiness,
And within a moment I'd feel comforted,

I'd feel his warmth, I'd feel his presence,
Whilst I was in the storm, I wasn't stressing,
He helped me be still when I was panicking,
He helped me feel peace when my heart was hurting,

Although I struggled to leave my bed I was okay,
Although I couldn't eat I was okay,
Although I cried every time I got home I was okay,
Because he helped me, he eased the pain,

And the fact that he helped me shows that he wants me here,
He helped me so I need to tell people, they need to hear,
How amazing God is and how he's the only one that can truly help,
I wasn't helped through drinking or partying but through praying and dealing with how I felt.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

13 reasons why

Saved

He Has Risen!