Saved

I went to sleep just like every other night,
I shut my eyes, no prayer came to mind,
The dream I had was so vivid,
It felt so real I thought it was lucid,

But that's where I went wrong,
No this isn't a dream this is another realm,
I was in the exact same position I went to sleep in,
The exact same room layout, how could I possibly be dreaming?

But I couldn't move, I couldn't leave,
My room was pitch black I couldn't see a thing,
I tried to turn on the light's but it just wasn't happening,
I didn't understand what was going on with me,

I reached for my phone but I couldn't reach it,
To call for help, someone please stop this,
This wasn't sleep paralysis, this was something else,
It didn't feel right, I was all by myself,

I couldn't leave my bed but every time that I did,
I'd end up back inside it, it was so weird,
I was on my back sliding on the floor,
Trying and trying to get closer to that door,

I tried to scream for my flatmates but no one was coming,
I tried to scream for my parents but they weren't with me,
No one can save you, not this time,
This is it, you're at the end of the line,

I came to the conclusion that it was the end of my life,
I came to the conclusion that I just died,
I thought to myself that this was it, I messed up,
After all the times he saved me he finally had enough,

You see God had my back so many different times,
So many different times that I kept playing with my life,
I kept sinning, I couldn't leave my old self behind,
So it made sense if he decided to call it a night,

But then the door of my room opened and a bright light shone in,
I heard a couple of people walking in,
He told me to lift my head up and open my eyes,
And that's when I finally came back to life,

That very same day I decided to give my life,
I was scared in case I went back to my old ways but I thought at least I'd try,
Try to be better and try to live right,
To thank the Lord for believing in me one last time.

Comments

  1. Wooow i actually felt the energy of the whole thing 🤗🤗... I laughed when you it is over my life is over lol. But I felt every line of it. God bless you am blessed by almost all your writings...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

13 reasons why

He Has Risen!