Anchor

You'd think loving with anxiety is hard,
Well it is and it's not,
It takes you ages to feel comfortable around someone,
And to be able to be you,

But when I met you,
It was easy with you,
There was something about you,
Your personality shone through,
I could sense you were beautiful,
And there was so much more to you that drew me to you,

You could tell we were getting closer,
You'd kiss me and I'd wrap my arms around you uncontrollably,
I would look you in the eyes and be wondering,
Wondering how you're so beautiful and make me so happy,
How I managed to feel so comfortable after always panicking,

Wondering whether I should wrap my arms around you from behind,
Hug you for a while and hold you tight,
Wondering if it's too much I'm constantly battling my mind,
Wondering whether I should ask for a cuddle in the middle of the night,

Wondering if I should sit on your lap,
I just wanted to be by your side,
But I kept it to myself,
Because my thoughts consumed my mind,

But now I am able to maintain eye contact and not think about things for a while,
Because when I'm with you it's just me and you blocking out the world,
I forget the surroundings and forget all the people,
I forget feeling insecure and my focus is on you,

As much as you make my heart beat fast,
You also keep it calm,
I feel safe when you hold me in your arms,
I always thought that you'd do me no harm,
But there's nothing to keep me calm now that you're gone.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

13 reasons why

Saved

He Has Risen!