Daughter of the Almighty

 Anxiety...

Sometimes I feel like I can't breathe,

It's like my heart is racing and cannot be eased...

I can't breathe,


No, no one is holding me down yet I can't breathe,

Why's no one there to help me?

Oh yes... it's because they can't see,

They cannot see what's making me unable to breathe,


They cannot see that I am lacking peace,

Deep breaths.. in and out..

Why can't I breathe? Can you let me out?

Out of this place that's confiding me in...

…oh it's my own space, how can it be troubling?


I mean.. there's people around that I don't want to see,

People around that I think are judging me,

But why do I care when they cannot see me...?

They cannot see me for who God has called me to be.


Why do I care what they think of me?

When the Lord has made me who I am, I am complete,

I am his daughter, the daughter of the King,

The daughter of a King who cares for me,


"I am that I am" says, the Lord,

I am his daughter therefore I am bold.

No one can tell me what they think of me,

When I am the daughter of the almighty King. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

13 reasons why

Saved

He Has Risen!