Damaged

My heart aches as I step closer towards my home,
Knowing that when I'm in my room I'll feel alone,
Knowing tears will trickle down my face,
This is the only time I can let it out there's no time to waste,

I've held my tears back all throughout the day,
Trying not think about it and putting on a happy face,
Even though I smile and laugh along with my mates,
You're all I seem to think about at the end of the day,

I can only pretend I'm okay for so long,
Until reality hits me as soon as I get home,
Why does no one take me seriously?
Is it because I'm too nice or am I too ugly?

I look in the mirror and burst out crying,
The thought of you with someone else kills me, I'm dying,
Thinking about her seeing your smile and kissing you underneath the stars,
Thinking about you holding her tightly in your arms,

Thinking about you looking at her the way you used to look at me,
Treating her so nicely the way you did with me,
Seeing and talking to her every single day,
Making me cry whilst you're putting a smile on her face,

When that should be me but why is it not?
Why is it that I care so much and you seem to not?
Why is it that you get to move on and I'm stuck?
Stuck in the past where I seem to belong.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

13 reasons why

Saved

He Has Risen!