Nobody Knows

They say that you can scream
Scream if something's happening
But what if you scream and no one is helping
You're crying your eyes out yet no ones helping

What if you scream and no ones listening
What if you're trying to let it out but it's just not happening
Frozen and you can't let it go
Like ice you're rock solid and cold
You can't move your mind has froze
You're in shock and nobody knows

Nobody knows that you can't just say no
Nobody knows that you can't just go
Or you don't want it to be labelled as rape so you go with the flow
Your mind can't take that it's happened again
You're tired of feeling low
You're scared of what they'll do to you if you said no

What if I get beaten again and my jaw is froze
What if it's worse and they kill me so no one knows
What happens if you overdosed
You get drunk and they take off your clothes
You can't even move and you can't say no
Your mind is corrupt and you don't even know

What if you're unconscious and you don't know
You didn't know you lost your virginity or why people are calling you a hoe
You're drowning under water and don't know how to float
But the thing is you don't even know you're drowning so how can you float?
How can you learn to swim when the problem is unknown?

And even if you somehow manage to get on a boat
You don't make it to safety and get hit by the same tornado
You're spinning around in circles like a merry go round you'll go
Back to the beginning where you're not able to float
People will say it's your fault and that it's your own
Maybe it is and maybe I know

Maybe I shouldn't have been wearing those clothes
Maybe I shouldn't have drunk and if there's a party I shouldn't go
Maybe if I hung around the right people I wouldn't have known
What it feels like to be taken advantage of and thrown
Thrown into the ocean when I don't know how to float

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Saved

He Has Risen!

Daughter of the Almighty