Broken

When I met you for the very first time,
I saw stars in your eyes,
I saw the blue skies,
But you were just a demon in disguise,
Everything you told me were lies,

I know I wasn't being very wise,
You always played games you were rolling the dice,
So now I'm the one that pays the price,
Now I'm the one that can't even sleep at night,
All I seem to think about is you there being by my side,
I see you in my dreams but I don't see you in real life,

But I keep telling myself that one day I might,
That just one day everything will be alright,
That just one day everything won't go wrong but right,
That just one day you'll realise that I'm worth the fight,

And hopefully I haven't been wasting my time,
Wasting all the tears that I've cried,
Wiping them away and pretending that I'm fine,
Smiling on the outside but I'm broken inside,

With all these feelings I should be putting them aside,
But instead I'm here keeping them in hide,
Hoping that you would put your pride aside,
But instead all you do is burn me alive,
To the point where if I saw a deep ocean I would dive,

Wishing and praying everyday that I'd die,
I felt alone and you were the reason why,
You left without even saying goodbye,
I'd look up to the sky and ask my self why,
Why you were the reason the sun would shine,
Yet I'd still cry myself to sleep at night,

I didn't leave this earth with hope that one day you'd be mine,
At one point in life you made me feel so alive,
And I'll hold onto that for the rest of my life,
I'll hold onto that until the day I die.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

13 reasons why

Saved

He Has Risen!